Sunday, February 28, 2010

For Christmas I got this sewing calander with a bunch of projects. The first one was a set of pinwheel coasters which I only finished one of because they turned out so hideous! I have tried since to make them but failed again...2 strikes and I'm out!

Well lucky for me the next project was a yoga bag...something I could easily figure out. I knew right away that I wanted to make one for one of my bestest P. Yoga is her thing....wish it was mine! It turned out to be super fun to make. I did a mix of patterns and used a mesh between the info from the calendar and this pattern: from Amy Butler's website. I really liked AB's but in reality I just didn't want to put that much effort into it...My attention span just doesn't allow for such tedious work. Since that first one I have tweeked things a bit and am now really close to a final product that I think I may sell in my Etsy shop (once I get it set up)...

I have to take a few more pictures of the other really cute one I made but for now...Enjoy :)

version 1.o: the one I made for P. she big puffy heart loved it!

version 2.o: sold to P along with another one (that was version 3.0)...she is going to give them to a couple of her best clients.

version 2.0 too....super bright!
Posted by Picasa


i'm going to be honest....these were a huge pain for me to make! i have been wanting to create my own because i knew it would be cost effective and heck...i can sew! but man were these tedious. sewing with knits is much more difficult to do and me and my serger just don't see eye to eye very often so these took me a few weeks to make! i haven't put snaps on them yet but i think they are working fantastic with the snappi so i may not hassle with it :)

the construction of them is as follows:
inner: velour (bamboo (obv) $8yd or cotton (cv) $5yd)
hidden layer: bamboo sweatshirt fleece $8yd
outer layer: super cute knit print (no more than $3yd...most bought super cheap from goodmama's discontinued fabrics or repurposed fabrics i already had)
snap-in soaker: 2 sets serged of: 1layer velour/2 layers regular fleece (all bought as remenents super cheap for about a $1yd)

for the pattern i used the rita rump pocket
the only changes i made were extending the middle by and 1.5inches for a longer rise and i made the wings a bit fatter...(i actually deconstructed one of my well loved goodmamas (gm) for snap placement)

overall i would say that i am very happy with the outcome though...they are extremely absorbant and trim!

here are some pics...

L to R: cv inside and out/ paint with water knit and obv/ natural beauty with cv/ super cheap walmart knit with cv/ one of my favorite old tshirts with cv
pollock knit with obv/cv
sugar skulls obv/cv...i actually have another one of these...i just love this fabric...i heart pirates!
this is like a towel fabric bought from gm...these ones are extra absorbant!
oil slick fabric obv/cv: i actually traded the rest of this fabric for some really cute diaper cuts so i need to make some more eventually!

repurposed victoria secret pj pants! the softest fabric ever :)

the whole stash...minus a couple because we were using them!

holy no post!

it has been forever since i've posted anything...oops! i've been making lots of crafty things but apparently too busy to post! uploading now :)